Stennis Space Center, MS
The Hydrologic Instrumentation Facility (HIF), located at Stennis Space Center, Mississippi is a unique instrumentation facility within the Water Resources Discipline (WRD) of the United States Geological Survey (USGS). The HIF supports the hydrologic data collection efforts of USGS scientists in all 50 States, Puerto Rico and several other U.S. Territories. USGS hydrologic scientists and technicians measure and monitor streamflow, ground water levels and water quality at thousands of locations. The data they collect are publicly available and are used by engineers, water managers, scientists, recreationists, and the general public for multiple purposes.
HIF’s mission is to provide quality equipment and instrumentation support to its customers. The HIF facility and activities provide hydrologic instruments, equipment, and supplies for USGS as well as Other Federal Agencies (OFA) and USGS Cooperators. The HIF tests, evaluates, repairs, calibrates, and develops hydrologic equipment and instruments. In addition, HIF’s technical staff provides training to USGS and OFA personnel on the use and operation of equipment. Technical support, for the equipment stocked by HIF, is also provided to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
On-site Program Manager to facilitate Government-Contractor communications and to maintain a high level of performance and service across all offices where contracted services are being performed. Also the following:
- Knowledge of the Stennis Space Center operations, hydrology, testing, evaluation and monitoring of hydrologic equipment and understanding of warehousing operations
- the primary technical and managerial interface between the Contractor and Contracting Officer (CO) and the COTR.
- meet with the CO/COTR as necessary to maintain satisfactory performance and to resolve other issues pertaining to Government/Contractor procedures.
- resolve any and all problems
- develop and provide written minutes of meetings and furnish to the Government within two (2) workdays of the subject meeting.
- must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English. Knowledge of the SAP B1 ERP system software and its use
Education and Experience Requirements:
Minimum of Bachelors degree in Business or Science, Masters preferred, and 5-10 years experience performing similar work listed in duties and responsibilities; SAP B1 operational experience
Clearance Level Required: