SAWTST supports GTPAC to assist contractors to comply with DoD’s cybersecurity requirements
Updated: Feb 18, 2019
SAWTST supports the Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center (GTPAC) to assist contractors to comply with DoD’s cybersecurity requirements by ensuring access to http://gtpac.org/cybersecurity-training-video, which provides a 20-minute instructional video designed to assist contractors comply with Defense Department (DoD) cybersecurity requirements along with templates and related resources.
We enable all our contractors and team mates to use the 127-page template to create a Security Assessment Report, a System Security Plan, and a Plan of Action. This education assists all who need to understand requirements regarding the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) clause 252.204-7012 (“Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting”) within many DoD contracts.
This clause necessitates contractors to provide adequate security on all applicable contractor information systems which implements the standards set forth in National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-171 (Revision 1). It further requires contractors investigate, report and mitigate any security issues such as;
- Isolating malicious software
- Preserving and protecting all media involved in a cyber incident
- Providing DoD with access to information or equipment for purposes of forensic analysis
- Assessing damage because of a cyber incident
- Educate the clause in any subcontracts involving information covered by the requirement